Thursday, January 14, 2010

MATCHED!!!!!

When I finally sat down to rank my list, I tried to focus on what I wanted most:
  • Brilliant, humble, world-class faculty
  • Opportunities to work with disadvantaged inner-city patients
  • International emphasis
  • Protected time and resources to do cutting-edge research
  • Hands-on education with plenty of hard work
  • A top program with a highly respected reputation
  • Fun, fulfilled co-workers who are as excited about nerdery as I am
  • Living in a city that's affordable, diverse, funky, outdoorsy, and interesting
  • Somewhere that I felt whole and happy
Well, I just got a phone call telling me that I'll be going to a program with absolutely everything I was looking for!!! I didn't want to jinx it by saying this before, but it was my very favorite program:

*suspense*

I'm going to

WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY!!!!!!

(St. Louis, MO)

8 comments:

  1. Yay for Sarah!

    (Admission: I had to google "Washington University" to see where exactly that was. If someone asked me where Washington University was, my first guess would be... you know, Washington. Like the Gateway Arch wasn't a big enough hint.) (Admission #2, I had to google "name of arch in St. Louis" to find that out too.)

    Anyway, supercongrats to you! I'm happy you got your favorite pick, but I'm not surprised. You were probably #1 on everyone's list!

    (PS: do you still have your guns?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Is the gun question apropos of nothing, or is it specifically because matching at Wash U means I'll be living in St. Louis for 3 years?

    The area around the hospital is fantastic, and actually pretty safe. Pepper spray may suffice in lieu of firearms. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hip Hip Hooray for Match Day! Congrats on a great match.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matchmaker matchmaker look through your book and make Sarah a perfect match! Woo-hoo! I bet you were #1 on everyone's list too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!! I knew you secretly loved the mugging capital of America!!! This is my little "I told you so" celebration! Good luck in St. Loueeeey!

    - laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Sarah! You deserve it!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
    Laci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck, lady!
    Nelli

    ReplyDelete