Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nature conservancy = A bed frame in a forest

When it gets cold outside, my instant reflex is "couch, pajamas, netflix." (Which is, incidentally, also becoming my reflex for days off work, lonely Friday nights, post-call afternoons, and perhaps every evening ending in the letter y.) In contrast, hiking in the winter is something I don't do nearly enough of. My friend Catherine (who is a surgery intern, and thus has neither slept nor been praised since July 1, 2010) was going hiking in a nature conservancy in the mountains outside of town and I went along. The trail wound through the forest, down a mountainside, and ended at the edge of a sheer cliff overlooking a frozen waterfall on the other side of the ravine. It was gorgeous, and this picture does it zero justice: Now, if only we'd had a sled with us, this blog post could have been far more interesting... But alas, we just settled for a picture at the edge of the cliff.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I really thought the tree-climbing "Bad Idea" from a few months ago was the worst idea ever, but I think you topped it with the sled idea. Then again, at least you didn't actually try this one. Be safe out there, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete