Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gee, the traffic is...terrific.

One morning, Cletus woke up, looked over at his cousin/wife, belched mightily, then said, "I reckon people ain't gon know we's rednecks less'n we advertise it better." Several weeks later, after extensive debate over the proper spelling of Redneck, and heated discussion about whether the additional flag on the truck cab's antenna would be tacky excess or stylistic genius, they settled on a design that was both historically referential and contemporarily distasteful. And behold, as I was on my way to Best Buy to pick up a new power cord for ye olde laptop this evening, I got stuck behind Cletus Redneck's truck as it made its way inexorably to Wal-Mart.
Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. That truck looks too familiar....kind of like my neighbor's except different flags...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, I can totally see you hanging out of the driver window of your car catching those pictures :) Cool.

    ReplyDelete