Sunday, June 5, 2011

Congratulations are Overdue!

I'm currently in Panajachel (a touristy town on the banks of Lake Atitlan), staying the weekend at a sweet little hotel that provides hot water (...oh, how I've missed thee) and WiFi (ditto). All for about $12 US per night. Getting here involved a 2-hour ride through the pouring rain in a refurbished 1970's school bus that was billowing black smoke and loaded with about 80 passengers in a space intended for 40. A middle-aged indigenous lady carrying a huge canvas bag full of radishes essentially sat on my lap most of the way there.
Cost for the bus: $3US.
Value: Priceless.
I love this country.
But first things first!
May 16th, two of my most awesome friends got married on the edge of a cliff in Yosemite National Park. It was one of the prettiest weddings I've ever been to.
Despite the weird May snowstorm:
...And it was certainly the only wedding I've attended in which the bride changed into her dress on a ledge of rock behind a tarp, the happy couple wore safety harnesses, and all the guests had helmets on.
Congratulations Jorge and Val!
As the card said: "May you always be happy campers."

No comments:

Post a Comment