Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Many Faces of Elmo

Dave's cutie niece is having a birthday soon. The birthday party invitation looks like this:

I am Elmo. The one, the only, Elmo.

But the first time I saw the invitation, it was hanging on a refrigerator by means of a round black magnet, so it looked like this:

Naturally, my question was, "Dave, why is your niece having a Marilyn Monroe Elmo birthday party?"  Naturally, his reply was, "That's more than a Marilyn Monroe. That's a rather large, potentially-cancerous growth."  Poor Elmo.

Hijinx ensued. The next thing we knew poor Elmo had other problems to worry about: 
Elmo has a concussion. 
 Then things went from bad to worse:
Elmo is very very VERY excited. Or scared. Or has a problem with cocaine.

 Poor Elmo. It's hard being a Muppet these days.


3 comments:

  1. "Molybdenum harpist fez" comes to mind when I think of Sarah and magnets. Now I can add concussions and cocaine to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, "Molybdenum harpist fez" was a true triumph in refrigerator magnet spelling history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cocaine Elmo...I love it. At least now we know why he was giggling so much.

    ReplyDelete