Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My classy hotel in Hollywood

Perhaps I should have worried when the hotel's front desk clerk was behind 3-inch-thick bulletproof glass. Or perhaps when I had to pay a $5 cash deposit in exchange for the television remote control. Or maybe when I had to step over a homeless man asleep in the outdoor breezeway on the way to my hotel room. Or when the door of said hotel room had 4 locks on it, one of which had recently been broken by brute force. Or when all but one of the room's light bulbs had been stolen by its previous occupant. Or when the toilet tank in the bathroom had no lid to cover its inner workings. Or when I found a half-empty bottle of gin tucked neatly under the ironing-board cover. Perhaps I should have worried, but there comes a point when you're just tired enough to click the 4 locks and peacefully drift off to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Hope my house was a step up with its graham cracker-burrito-pizza-enchilada-raspberry lunch. At least we didn't try to eat you alive like Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, your house was about six million steps up. If there had been cool whip topping for the enchiladas, I probably would have mistaken it for heaven! Thanks for letting me stay with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for great hotels and deals on New York Extended stay hotels? A hotel in New York is easy to find even you can find hotel in Hollywood, hotel Tropicana in Las Vegas, and New York hotel. Book hotels & make hhotel booking online.

    ReplyDelete