Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Things forgotten. Things remembered.

December has been a busy month for interviews. Here's a sketch of my life for the last week: Wednesday: 10 hour interview day in Minnesota, then a 10 hour drive to Michigan. 2hrs sleep. Thursday: 8 hour interview day in Michigan, then an 8 hour drive to Wisconsin. 4hrs sleep. Friday: 10 hour interview day in Wisconsin, then a 7 hour drive to Indiana. 3hrs sleep. Saturday: 6 hour interview day in Indiana, then a 9 hour drive to Minnesota. 6hrs sleep. Sunday: 12 hours of flights and layovers to get to San Francisco. 4hrs sleep. Monday: 9 hour interview day in San Francisco, then 5 hours to get to Loma Linda. 6hrs sleep. Tuesday: 9 hour interview day in Loma Linda, then 3 hours battling traffic to get to Los Angeles. Wednesday: 7 hour interview day in Los Angeles, and hopefully an awesome night of sleep tonight before I head to Iowa tomorrow then Arizona the next day. What do I remember from any of that travel odyssey? Only this:

Somewhere along I-90 in Chicago, there's a midnight toll booth operator with a black bouffant, a golden voice, and a steely gaze. I didn't have my camera with me, but I swear this recreation with PhotoShop is extremely true-to-life!

Elvis lives, and apparently the economy has been rough on him.

4 comments:

  1. man, I'm tired just reading that. How long will you be in az?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Sarah, couldn't you have geographically scheduled these a bit better? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried! I really tried! The best I could do was to get the midwest driving ones back-to-back and the three californias in a row. Beyond that, it's like the residency programs have some sort of conspiracy to make the interview schedule as inconvenient as possible in order to ensure adequate suffering. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...besides, if I had scheduled it any differently, I wouldn't have gotten to see the King.

    ReplyDelete