Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spider Man

I came home from the hospital today, went to punch in the front door code for the apartment building, and suddenly encountered this foul beast behind the plastic in the right-hand side of the display:
Can't see the grossness? Let me zoom in.
And zoom again.
Although I have to admire the ingenuity of the little guy -- what with finding a way off the ground, through the wall, behind the box wiring, and into the enclosed display screen, then having the audacity to build a web there -- the fact still remains that he's a fat, repusively beige, loathesome arachnid.
I honestly can't decide whether I'm impressed or grossed out.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! I wonder if he has a hearty menu in that little box...or how often he catches a delicious meal.

    Have you read the book The Spider and the Fly?? *super children's book!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've never even heard of that book. What's it about? (...beyond the obvious spider and fly, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my verdict is grossed out! I found two spiders in my laundry basket the other day, which was disturbing. I should probably do the laundry more often... Now I'm having crawling sensations on my legs! AGH!

    ReplyDelete