Friday, October 22, 2010

Adventures with a camera self-timer

The Setting: Peaks of Otter, Jefferson National Forest, Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia a.k.a. The place where black-leather-clad spiked-helmet tough Harley riders get in touch with their granola-patchouli-organic-nature-loving side. I bet the other Hell's Angels will be so jealous. The Event: Alone on a mountain on a nice fall day.

The Thought Process:

The Deed: Take a picture with a beautiful background.

a.k.a. Ten poorly thought out seconds and two pre-set timed camera flashes.

The Internal Monologue: Ooh, I made it in time! And Frick...I'm stuck in a tree, my camera's on a cliff, this branch is cracking, and...well... "Frick" just about sums it up. The Happily Ever Aftermath: a.k.a. Did not die. Not even once.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Not even once?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your funny blog! This put a smile on my face.
    :)
    But scary! Take a hiking buddy with you next time you're planning to do something dangerous!

    ReplyDelete