Monday, November 29, 2010

What kind of goober doesn't own an ice scraper?

Being a Transitional Resident essentially means that I'm on loan to various specialties for this entire year. It turns out that you get treated a little differently when you're on loan instead of owned -- kind of a like a rental car that gets driven hard, used recklessly, filled with the cheapest gas possible, then passed along to the next renter. In other words, being a TY is like being the bastard stepchild of every hospital service that I'm on. Currently, that service is Surgery and I'm taking a daily beating of unparalleled proportions. The beatdown starts dark-n-early every morning.
Icing on the cake: This morning, as I went out to my car at 4:15am, realized there was frost on the windshield, subsequently realized I somehow don't own an ice scraper anymore, then frantically used my bare frigid fingertips to scratch a teensy-weensy peephole through the ice on the driver's side at eye level so that I could get to work, I realized that winter still exists. Even in Virginia.
An 80+ hour workweek I can handle. But winter? Again? Seriously? Sigh. Can't we just agree to cancel that this year?

3 comments:

  1. A credit card is almost as efficient as an ice scraper (just takes a lot longer, but is not as cold as using one's fingers) I'm surprised you don't know that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me! Me, I don't own an ice scraper. :-) Did you decide to visit Sunny Arizona this winter so I can prove it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be worse dudette, you could be a rental resident at mayo clinic rochester where it is a balmy 5 F and dropping. Sometimes bird dropping(s) just to make it even better.
    Hope it gets better.
    Yak & Muppy

    ReplyDelete