Sunday, October 16, 2011

War Paint

It seems like it's been so long since the Krispy Kreme Challenge. Luckily, there are other equally ridiculous things to do around here: bring on the Warrior Dash!
And now, an exclusive and irrelevant interview about the experience:
How excited was I?
Excited enough to entice me into wearing that very special spandex-and-socks combo in public again.
Excited enough to jump up and down a lot.
Excited enough to render me incapable of preventing the Dork Smile from being captured on film.
How did I train for it?
Um.... good intentions. And zero actual training. In retrospect, that may not have been the strongest regimen.
My friends Justin and Katie ran the Warrior Dash in Minnesota a few months ago amidst their training for much more serious/lengthy races. They were in shape. Oh, so wise.
Are the spandex and socks flammable?
The world may never know.
Did I slip gracelessly into a mud pit and crawl through it on all fours, even though everyone else managed to cross it in a bipedal manner pretty well?
Why yes. Yes, I did.
How did I get clean afterwards?
Bathed publicly with a fire hose while surrounded by throngs of total strangers. Naturally.

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! Looks like good clean fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I miss you!!! We're going to do the "Retro Run" 10k in Tempe on January 28 if you're in AZ and want to join us for some disco fun!!! Hey, you're flying all over the country, why not fly into the valley for a weekend...

    You're so lucky your race had fire...mine didn't have fire.

    ReplyDelete