Monday, April 16, 2012

The Man With the Fanny Pack

February of last year (post), my friend Alyssa introduced me to a cool artsy type of event called a story slam, in which normal people voluntarily go up on stage to tell their own true stories-- funny, sad, scary, meaningful, or whatever type of story they may be.

Back in August, I mentioned that I had gone on an apocalyptically awkward date with a man, his fanny pack, and his iPhone (post).

This March, Dave and I went to a story slam right here in St Louis. The story of the awkward date was captured on video, which is now up on the event's YouTube channel. (Link to watch the video!)

Photo opportunity with all the things that make St Louis great

These events are seriously so much fun. If you've never been to one, you really should give them a try!

3 comments:

  1. OK, so was it Coach Mullenox (not sure how to exactly spell his name, never could) who wore the short gym shorts?

    Oh Sarah, it was so good to hear your voice on the story slam. Still as funny as ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeedy, they were the Coach Mulleneaux shorts! Oh, good memories. :-)

      Delete
  2. You are awesome. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to be able to be your friend. I must say that this made me think of our improv group auditions "Was that as good for you as it was for me?" "Nah, I didn't really like the movie".

    ReplyDelete