Thursday, July 1, 2010

I Hope...

One of God's greatest gifts to us is that life always moves on. Regardless of what happened in the past, and regardless of what is happening in this instant, there's a future beyond it because life will move forward.
This has been on my mind because he's getting married Saturday. You know who I mean. It's beautiful that life has moved on for both of us, putting us each in a happier place than we were before. It's beautiful that I can watch him moving on but not feel any bitterness; only hope.
I hope they have so much love and joy that they can't comprehend it all.
I hope they laugh together.
I hope that when they cry, it's together instead of alone.
I hope they grow old together, and look beyond the wrinkles to see that he's still handsome and she's still pretty.
I hope the personal demons he struggled with and the secrets he kept are in the past, and he starts this fresh and clean.
I hope he can give her what he couldn't give me.
I hope she can give him what I couldn't give him.
I hope they build windows into each other
instead of walls between each other.
I hope they have a song, and that they dance.
I hope they have children.
I hope they have hilarious inside jokes that no one else thinks are funny.
I hope she is proud of him, and I desperately hope he is proud of her.
I hope they protect each other, and find their safest place in togetherness.
I hope she is never afraid.
I hope they know that moving on is beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. That's big of you. Most people would just say "I hope he chokes on the wedding cake" or maybe "I hope she gets really fat someday."

    Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sarah. You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete