Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I'm a Lotto Winner!

Some people are winners. For example, my sister-in-law, April, has won free oil changes, a desktop computer, free access to America Online back when AOL was super cool, and a car. A CAR! Seriously.

In contrast, I have not been a winner very often, aside from the time that I won a bracelet at Jennifer Harmon's 4th grade birthday party in a hard-fought game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. I would argue that doesn't count anyway, since it was skill (amazing, death-defying, hippo-feeding skill) rather than sheer blind luck. I always wondered what it would be like to be a winner.
The battlefield where true glory is won.
I'm happy to report that my blind luck has recently changed, though, because...


Wicked is currently in St Louis at the fabulous Fox Theatre, so Dave and I went early and entered our names in a drawing for two same-day, front row tickets, and we won! We were close enough to see the details on the costumes! Close enough to peek down into the orchestra pit and see the drummer guy eating a sandwich while he played the second act! Close enough to see the little glistening globbies fly through the air when the singers accidentally spit as they sang!

Swoon. Shimmering spit. Being a winner is everything I dreamed, and more.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, big winner! Now my new life goal might be to get musical tickets close enough to see the performers' spittle. I never thought I'd envy such a thing, but so be it.

    ReplyDelete